Thursday, 1 November 2012

On being a philistine...

This weekend I ended up going to see the Turner prize exhibition at Tate Britain. I'd actually been trying to go to the Pre-Raphaelites but didn't realise you couldn't just turn up and go in. So we thought, well, we are here now....

....and I just didn't get it.

Now, I know I haven't been to art school and I'm not very trendy. But I do try and have an open mind about things and not one of the four artists got me excited, questioning or emotional in any way. I was just flummoxed by why and what is considered great art. (To be fair, I skipped the 93 minute film about RD Laing because it was halfway through and we didn't have time to wait for the next showing - but it was also slightly irritated by the fact that there was an expectation that you would site around for 3 hours to 'see' one of the exhibits)

So if anyone can explain... please do. What am I missing?

However, I did get Sam some very exciting air pens as a present and this is what he made for me from them... much cooler than anything I saw (IMHO)


No comments:

Post a Comment