Monday, 24 January 2011

Lovely Lino

So I started to send Cat, I Can Say That! off to publishers last week. Most submissions guidelines suggest that you might hear something within two months, so I'm trying hard to put it out of mind now or it's going to be a long two months!

In the meantime, I thought I'd post some of my recent experiments with lino print. When I started CICST I thought it might be nice to create the wallpaper for the backgrounds in lino, as it might add a bit of texture and be less clean than creating a pattern in illustrator or photoshop. So I ordered myself a kit and - WOOSH - headed straight back in time to 1991 and my GCSE art class... it was so nostalgic! It was also trickier than it looks... and was a very steep learning curve. I had ambitious plans for a christmas card and the result was somewhat, well, as if I'd just created something in GCSE art class! Anyway, here they are...























the original print and its wallpaper use...
















the stars and their wallpaper...


















... and a rather splodgy robin!

No comments:

Post a Comment